Visited: 66 timesOrder
[Circa 1920-1940]. - Photograph showing the first hospital in Gaspé. The original building, called Fort Ramsay, was built in 1826 by the colonel John Douglas McConnell. It was bought back by the businessman John LeBoutillier 20 years later. In 1865, Fort Ramsay catches on fire and is rebuilt identical to the original. In 1926, it becomes the first hospital in Gaspé under the management by the Augustine community.